Touchwood has a core set of values which cover the behaviour of our employees and extend to all our relationships with visitors to the centre. These are:
RESPECT: We respect all people, their ideas and cultures
INTEGRITY: We will be true to our word and leave a positive impact through our actions and behaviours
INNOVATION: We will strive to find the best solution for you and dare to do things differently
COLLABORATION: We will work together with you to achieve more.
EXCELLENCE: We are committed to operating safely to achieve outstanding performance and the best outcomes
TRUST: We will be accountable at every level and in all of our interactions
Touchwood prides itself on being a safe, relaxed and friendly environment for all of our guests. To ensure that we achieve this, we ask that all guests abide by our Code of Conduct.
Touchwood respectfully asks that guests:
- Dress appropriately
- Always use the bins provided and do not drop litter
- Refrain from loud and boisterous behaviour
- Always follow health and safety instructions including those delivered by the Touchwood team and communicated via signage throughout the centre
Touchwood consistently aims to maintain high standards and does not permit the following:
- Any threatening or violent conduct towards our guests, retailers and centre staff
- Intimidation - groups demonstrating no intention to shop may be asked to leave the centre. This applies to the whole of Touchwood
- Unsociable behaviour that is deemed detrimental to Touchwood
- Pets, with the exception of guide dogs
- The wearing of any item of clothing which restricts the view of one's head/face (e.g. hoods) with the exception of religious headwear
Ensuring that our guests are free to shop and relax, Touchwood does not permit the following:
- Leafleting, canvassing, commercial photography or surveys unless pre-authorised in writing by Touchwood Centre Management
- Busking or the selling of goods in the arcades or car parks unless pre-authorised in writing by Touchwood Centre Management
- Use of cycles, roller-blading, micro-scooters, skates, heelys or sports balls in the centre
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, Touchwood asks that guests respect and show due consideration for the building, environment and users of this space by:
- Adhering to the no smoking policy throughout Touchwood (this also applies to electronic cigarretes)
- Keeping all fire escapes clear – except in the event of an emergency
- Leaving clear the designated car park spaces for use by disabled customers and family groups.
- Not climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence or railing
- Overloading, moving, vandalising or loitering around public seating areas
- Ensuring appropriate use of customer lifts and escalators
We encourage guests to enjoy their experience at Touchwood however, we reserve the right, to ask guests not to take film or pictures if deemed inappropriate.
When visiting Touchwood, the following legal conditions must be adhered to:
- Alcohol is only to be consumed within premises that hold a relevant license
- Any act of vandalism towards property belonging to Touchwood or our retailers will be dealt with accordingly and the Police will be informed
- Clear access routes must be maintained for emergency services at all times
Touchwood reserves the right to deny any person/persons failing to adhere to the above Code of Conduct from entering the property and has the right to escort them off the site. In addition to this, any person who persistently ignores any of the above or commits a crime will be excluded from the centre, for a time period to be determined by Touchwood Centre Management.
The Touchwood Hosts are equipped with video badges to capture and record day-to-day activities in the centre as part of our ongoing duty of care to ensure the safety and well-being of guests.