Our vision for Touchwood was to create an environment that not only extended the retail, commercial and leisure offer of Solihull but also integrated into the existing fabric of the town centre.
Located just nine miles east of Birmingham, Solihull has established itself as an attractive metropolitan borough with its own unique character. Therefore in building Touchwood our goal was to build a centre that would complement the architectural and landscape qualities of Solihull whilst delivering the finest retail offer in a secure and welcoming environment.
Touchwood’s charter was to enhance the architectural and landscape qualities of Solihull, incorporating itself into what was already an expanding regional shopping destination. Opened in September 2001 Touchwood has now become one of the UK's most exciting shopping and entertaining destinations.
The centre has successfully improved the neighbouring facilities with elegant malls, a stylish retail offer and civic gardens providing green spaces for the community to enjoy. Touchwood benefits from natural light throughout the centre and each arcade has been developed with its own personality and ambience to enhance the shopping experience.
Touchwood is committed to providing Solihull and the wider region with an attractive and vibrant range of stores. The centre is home to John Lewis, Apple and other attractive brands including Paperchase, Joules and Swarovski.
Over recent years, our guest’s experience has been further enhanced with events such as seasonal fashion shows and music festivals.
Touchwood is committed to creating a sustainable environment, in achieving cultural, social and economic enrichment and taking the necessary action to support a healthy planet and people. To succeed in our environmental endeavours, we operate a best practice governance approach in the way we manage our centre and engage with our community.
Touchwood team commit to:
- Climate Resilience - Achievement of Net Zero carbon by 2025 through successful implementation of our energy management plan to continually reduce our energy consumptions and carbon emissions. We regularly monitor, analyse and share our environmental performance data and best practice to effectively manage the centre’s operational plant and equipment and support our retailers’ own environmental goals. We look to invest in innovative renewable energy solutions where viable.
- Waste Management - Divert 100% of all waste produced at the centre from landfill by improving segregation of our recycling waste streams and working with our Service Partners and Retailers in applying the waste hierarchy.
- Water Efficiency - Minimise water consumptions through vigorous operational controls, installation of drought tolerant planting and innovative water efficiency technologies where we can.
- Supply Chain Engagement - Continually evaluate our supply chains environmental credentials to ensure environmental standards are met. Life cycle stages are considered in all our operations and we seek to work with like-minded partners and stakeholders in achieving our environmental goals. Our appointed Facilities Provider is accredited to ISO14001:2015.
- Community - Maintain an engagement plan through consultation with community partners to enable identification of philanthropic initiatives for sponsorship and local employment opportunities.
- Sustainable Travel - Monitor and seek to reduce journeys made where practicable, promote greener travel alternatives such as public transport and use of bicycles. We love cycling.
The Vision for Touchwood was never to be another shopping 'annexe' but something seamlessly woven into the fabric of Solihull town centre. Consequently Touchwood prides itself on embracing an affluent, multi life-stage audience within a more refined and relaxed environment in which to shop and unwind.
- 540,000 sq.ft (50,167sq.m) of retail space
- 100,000 sq.ft (10,219 sq.m) of entertainment space
- 1.8 million people live in principal catchment area
- 80 of the finest shops in three arcades
- 24 cafes, bars and restaurants
- Premium brands including John Lewis & Apple
- Solihull is UK's fifth most affluent borough
- Total available spend of over £2 billion
- Cineworld 9 multiplex screen cinema
- 1,700 car spaces
About Our Guests
- 65% of all visitors are ABC1
- 22% of guests are aged 16-24
- 39% are aged aged 25-44
- 29% are aged 45-64
- 9% aged 65+
- More than a third of visitors have children under 18
For all leasing enquiries, please contact our leasing agents CBRE Ltd or MMX Retail:
Henrietta House, Henrietta Place
London, W1G 0NB
T. 020 7182 2000
41-43 Maddox Street
London, W1S 2PD
T. 020 3130 4650
M. 07917 034807
M. 07810 354019
Mid Mall Retail
Touchwood’s bespoke mid-mall and short term retail is ideal for seasonal, event-specific and trend-based sales. Flexible terms provide the platform for start-up business exposure and an opportunity to grow your retail business. Whether you are looking for a bespoke mid-mall retail space or a temporary in-line store with prime locations throughout Touchwood we can provide you with the ideal solution to enhance your sales. For all Mid Mall Retail enquiries please email Helen Viner.
With 10 sites located on Crescent Arcade, and a further 12 on Mill Lane, banner advertising provides a fantastic opportunity to raise awareness for your store, kiosk or business. Banner sites can be reserved for a minimum of four weeks, dependent on the length of your desired campaign or promotion. Please click here for more information.
Why not support your banner advertising with a promotional activity in the Mall and get maximum results from your campaign?
Touchwood has a history of successful promotional activity with a plethora of global brands, as well as many local businesses, utilizing our promotional spaces.
The Atrium is Touchwood's premium promotional space. The Atrium is the heart of Touchwood with arcades branching off in three directions.
Mill Lane Arcade, Jubilee Walk, Crescent Arcade and Theatre Square
Our standard promotional spaces are 3.5m x 1.5m (with a 1.4m height cap) and offer your business or service a valuable brand awareness opportunity to a receptive audience. Remember the more experiential the better – an enhanced guest experience delivers a more positive response to your brand.
Theatre Square is our external space, ideal for outdoor events and larger scale activity. Rates can be negotiated depending on availability so please get in touch with details and we will be happy to get back to you with a personalised quote. We regret we do not allow flyering or bucket collections in the Centre.
As a Centre we are consistently looking at enhancing the customer journey with new and innovative experiences. If you have a great idea for a commercialisation activity come and pitch it to us!
For more information regarding promotional space please contact Helen Viner on 0121 709 6912 or via email.
When you book a promotion, one of the Touchwood commercialisation team will email or post you all the necessary documentation. You will need to provide the following:
- a copy of your public liability insurance (minimum value £5 million)
- a method statement
- a signed copy of our terms and conditions
- graphics of your promotion
- a signed licence
- full payment before entry
To give you a comprehensive understanding of our expectations and legal requirements, we have an example licence, a copy of our terms and conditions and a blank method statement available to download. In large build projects we request a detailed method statement for the promotion.
We will post an invoice to the address on the licence and bookings are not confirmed until all documents have been received and payment has been cleared.
You must confirm your arrival with Touchwood Reception. All promotional events must do this, regardless of size.
Once you have booked your promotion, please call 0121 709 6900 and confirm with Touchwood Reception / Control your arrival time and date. You will be booked in as a contractor. Please also be prepared to give a brief description of works that will be undertaken.
Once you arrive on Homer Road, please proceed to the Touchwood Delivery Area (located on the roof of Touchwood) via the turning next to the John Lewis collection point. Please park in Area 2 and report to reception at the Touchwood Management Office. They will direct you to the nearest goods lift to unload your promotion. We do not supply car parking. You have 30 minutes to unload your goods and then you must move your vehicle. Wheel clamping is in operation.
If your promotion does not consist of any large structures (i.e. pull ups and a branded desk) you must complete construction one hour before retail trade commences. You may dismantle your promotion thirty minutes after retail trade closes.
If your promotion includes a vehicle, the vehicle may only be moved 90 minutes before or after retail trade commences/finishes. You must supply rubber mats to park your vehicle on and disconnect the battery once the vehicle is in situ. (Please ensure the vehicle contains a minimum of fuel.)
Build times for larger promotions
Sunday–Wednesday 1.00am onwards
Thursday–Saturday 2.30am onwards
All builds must be completed one hour before retail trade commences. Please note maximum door width is 192cm and maximum door height is 262cm.
Advertising & Pop-Up Shops
In addition to our specialty leasing programme, Touchwood has other methods of advertising available. We welcome suggestions about how retailers can use the space on offer. Please click here to send an email and discuss your ideas and individual requirements.
The Touchwood Enterprise scheme launched in 2014 gives local start-up businesses the chance to have their first ‘high street’ presence and showcase their products to thousands of members of the general public at a discounted rate.
Those who successfully apply will be offered a prominent position within the centre on our ready built kiosk, giving them the opportunity to test the market in a commercial setting. Furthermore, the scheme will help business owners to enhance their customer relations skills, as well as giving them the chance to make a profit. The kiosk can be let for a maximum of two weeks giving local entrepreneurs crucial insight into whether they have a viable business, as well as fantastic exposure for their brand.
Since 2014 the scheme has hosted 20 fledgling businesses, ranging from jewellery, candle and cosmetics brands, to confectionary, clothing and homeware companies.
To find out more about the scheme and check availability, please contact Helen Viner.